Skip to main content

Adonis in the Garden: A Short Play

Adonis in the Garden

A Short Play

Persons in the Garden

Adonis-Son of the King, Zeus 

Peter-Apostle

Paul-Apostle

Angel of the First Hour

Angel of the Second Hour

Angel of the Third Hour


Angels Chorus:

Angel of the First Hour: Hark! The birds sing on another fine day in the garden. The beast guards the gate and no one enters!

Angel of the Second Hour: Hark! The beast guards the gate and yet someone enters! Draw your swords, draw your halberd, draw your staff!

Angel of the Third Hour: Hark! It is just Paul and Peter, with their friend, the greek. I believe his name is Adonis. Son of the King, Zeus. 


Act 1: Scene 1

[Enter Paul]

Paul: Peter! My friend! Adonis, my friend! Hopefully you both are doing well, I take it you wanted to take a stroll on such a fine day in the garden.

[Enter Peter]

Peter: Yes, Paul. My house grew too stuffy to stay inside on such a fine day. I heard the birds singing, Come out, come outside. They sang. What could I do when hearing such sweet song. I left my books and came out. It is nice to see you here. 

Paul: Yes it is! Such a beautiful day. Such a fine day! And what do we have here! A sullen face, in the garden of the Lord! 

[Enter Adonis]

Adonis: It is I. Adonis, Son of my father, the King, Zeus. 

Paul: What are these thunderous clouds on the face of Adonis? The birds sing, and there is a light breeze through the trees, cooling the sun's heat.

Adonis: My father has assigned me something to do. Preparations, for the spring holiday. He has taken me away from my wine and my beer. Banned me from the kitchens, and sentenced all to death who disturb me. It is a beautiful day, but all I see are clouds. The birds sing, not pretty words to go outside and play, but heckle and peck. "Go back!" They say. "Go and attend to your task!"

Peter: Go back? They say to you? You must be hearing wrong. All they sing are Come out and enjoy the air. Spring is here you say? 

Adonis: Yes, spring is here. I must go back and make preparations. 

Paul: Preparations! Preparations of what sort? We can help you. What is your first task?

Adonis: The first task, my father, the King, Zeus, has assigned me is to pick a color theme.  

Peter: An easy task. Let us walk along the path.

[They begin to walk on the sidewalk path in the garden. Lined with colorful flowers. They see the colors of the flowers and choose one they like. Paul chooses white, Peter chooses yellow and Adonis chooses blue.]


Angel chorus:

Angel of the First Hour: Lo! Adonis, the greek, says spring has arrived!

Angel of the Second Hour: Lo! Of course, the spring has come, and the birds sing their many songs!

Angel of the Third Hour: Lo! Yes, let us listen to their preparations. 


Act 2: Scene 1

Adonis: I would like the theme to be the color blue.

Peter: Blue? But we see blue all the time every day. Make the color white.

Adonis: White? How is that color for the spring. It is the plainest of all colors. 

Peter: It is purity, perfect for the spring. 

Adonis: No. I disagree. 

Paul: What about the color yellow? It is good and colorful. Has enough symbolism for the sun bringing the plants to life.

Adonis: No, I disagree. Would you want to see everyone in yellow? The color will be too blinding.


Angel Chorus:

Angel of the First Hour: Behold! They are arguing!

Angel of the Second Hour: Behold? To what? 

Angel of the Third Hour: The three, behold!


Act 2: Scene 2

Peter: I still say white is perfect for the theme. Purity, it is good to start the spring off in a color that means a fresh start, a clean slate. 

Adonis: No, I disagree. Everyone will be in white. The tablecloths will be in white, and the favors, chairs and food will be white. It will be too plain. 

Paul: Yellow, is the color of the sun. It has good meaning for spring. It is good for a theme. 

Adonis: No, I disagree. Everyone will be in yellow, and what if someone comes in mustard. 

Paul: That is true. 

Adonis: I will make the color blue. Then everyone can come in different shades, and it will be colorful enough for the spring holiday. There can be turquoise crystals, and emeralds and pastel. Blue is a good color. 


Angel Chorus:

Angel of the First Hour: The argument has ended! An agreement has ensued!

Angel of the Second Hour: Yes, they have decided!

Angel of the Third: Yes, the theme of the spring holiday!


Act 2: Scene 3

Paul: That is fine then. Blue is easier to match with. 

Peter: I suppose you are correct, the color blue has lots of variations. Everyone will be happy. 

Adonis: Alright. I will tell my father, the King, Zeus, that I have reached a decision. I have grown happier being outside with my friends, Peter and Paul. The sun is bright and the clouds have parted. 

[They reach the end of the path back at the beginning of the garden near the gate. Peter and Paul wish Adonis good luck with his father and preparations for the spring holiday. They part ways.]


[The End]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instructions to Conjure Spirits

If you want to compel spirits to appear visibly before you and render you obedience, observe the following instructions: 1. Keep God's commandments as much as possible. 2. Build and trust solely upon the might and power of God: believe firmly in his omnipotent help in your work, and the spirits will become your servants and will obey you. 3. Continue your citations and do not cease, even if the spirits do not appear at once. Be steadfast in your work and have faith, for the doubter will obtain nothing. 4. Take special note of the times for the invocation: Monday night from eleven until three. Tuesday night from ten until two Wednesday night from twelve until three Thursday night from twelve until two Friday night from ten until three Saturday night from ten until twelve Sunday Sabbath keep holy unto the Lord Sabaoth, Adonai, Tetragrammaton 5. The time must be the new moon, that is, the moon must be waxing. 6. Trace the circle {below} on parchme

Iabamiah

This was the time before the land became the land, and the waters became the waters. Everything was the heavens, and everyone lived in the heavens. In the heavens, there are angels called the Thrones. These angels are in charge of carrying God's throne. They are all really strong, with large muscles. One of these throne angels was arrogant. He thought himself better than all the other angels in the heavens. He was right, he did carry God's throne. Supporting God was all he did, all day. One day this throne angel was walking and got lost in the heavens. He called out for help but there were no other angels around to help him. He wandered about by himself. Maybe after an hour, he saw a rabbit. "Rabbit! Where am I! Show me the way!" The rabbit looked up startled, and said, "I do not know the way, I live here. My friend the racoon can show you the way, he is super smart." "Ok! Where is this racoon!" The rabbit hopped around and led him to the

Exorcism Story and Trial of Possessed Nun