Skip to main content

6. Prayers for the Stations of the Way of the Cross

Sixth Station: Veronica wipes the Face of Jesus

 Leader: We adore you, O Christ, and we praise you.
All: Because by your holy cross You have redeemed the world.

Jesus, suddenly a woman comes out of the crowd. Her name is Veronica. You can see how she cares for you as she takes a cloth and begins to wipe the blood and sweat from your face. She can't do much, but she offers what little help she can.

As a child, sometimes I know someone could use a little help and understanding. They may be picked on or teased by others, or just sad or lonely. Sometimes I feel bad that others don't step in to help, but I don't help either.

As an adult, I notice the needs around me. Sometimes my own family members crave my attention, and I don't even seem to notice. Sometimes a co-worker, friend, or family member could use help or understanding, but I don't reach out to help lest I be criticized, or that they demand more of me than I'd like to give.

My tender Jesus, Who didst deign to print Thy sacred face upon the cloth with which Veronica wiped the sweat from off Thy brow, print in my soul deep, I pray Thee, the lasting memory of Thy bitter pains.

Our Father.... Hail Mary.... Glory be to the Father....

Leader: Jesus Christ Crucified.
All: Have mercy on Us.
Leader: May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, Rest in peace.
All: Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iabamiah

This was the time before the land became the land, and the waters became the waters. Everything was the heavens, and everyone lived in the heavens. In the heavens, there are angels called the Thrones. These angels are in charge of carrying God's throne. They are all really strong, with large muscles. One of these throne angels was arrogant. He thought himself better than all the other angels in the heavens. He was right, he did carry God's throne. Supporting God was all he did, all day. One day this throne angel was walking and got lost in the heavens. He called out for help but there were no other angels around to help him. He wandered about by himself. Maybe after an hour, he saw a rabbit. "Rabbit! Where am I! Show me the way!" The rabbit looked up startled, and said, "I do not know the way, I live here. My friend the racoon can show you the way, he is super smart." "Ok! Where is this racoon!" The rabbit hopped around and led him to the...

Demonology Chronicles #4

 Bone Crusher, Bone Tenderizer and Bone Eater left Bone Tenderizer's house and went to the Lucifer statue. There were usually guards stationed there. Bone Tenderizer took lead.  "We found something a couple days ago." He said to the guard. "We don't have time for you guys, what did you find?" The guard said. "We found an angel wandering in the hell. He's in my dungeon." Bone Tenderizer's father was a Lord of the Far East side of Hell. Esteemed but not too esteemed.  "An angel huh, and the next thing you'll tell us is the sun is in the west." The guards laughed. "We're being serious." Bone Crusher said.  "Show us where he is." One of the guards said. "We'll take him away if what you say is true." They led the guards to Bone Tenderizer's house.  They saw the light from the stairs. They went further in. The light lit up the whole dungeon. The guards peered in the cell. They looked at each...

Demonology Chronicles #1

 In the beginning there was rock, lava and fire. There was a lot of Fire. God said,  "Let there be rock, lava and fire." And so there was a lot of rock, a lot of lava and a lot of Fire. More Fire than rock. More Fire than lava and more Fire than Fire. Demons were created from Fire. And they loved the Fire. There was Fire in their bones, and under their skin.  One day a demon was walking. Going to the Fire pit as usual. To hang out with his friends. He passed the gigantic rock stature of Lucifer. He looked at the statue and clasped his hands together once out of respect. Some demons were hanging out by the statue. Talking politics. He passed them and kept going to find his friends. He saw them and waved.  "Hey Bone Eater, Bone Tenderizer." "Hey Bone Crusher." They were eating some skins.  "What are you guys eating, I'm hungry." They gave him some.  "It's fresh, some human got dropped today." Bone Tenderizer said. "That's...